We know 2017 is coming to an end because incredibly tasty, rare, and impossible to find whiskeys have started showing up in earnest. If this year hasn't given you enough reason to become a Very Bitter Person - here are five more... join our VBP rewards program and enter by November 7th to be included in the drawings.
Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, $64.50
- The 2017 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon was drawn from 12 year old barrels from different warehouses and floors. A total of 120 barrels; 93 barrels matured together on the 4th floor of G warehouse, yielding an extremely spice forward expression. The remaining 27 barrels matured together on the 5th floor of K warehouse contributing a rounding sweetness to the blend. Several barrels from both lots basked in the sun, highlighting the effects of maturation along an external wall.
St George Lot 17 Single Malt Whiskey, $109.50
- For the 2017 release (Lot 17), St George ventured deep into the far corners of their whiskey library and drew from a selection of 19 different barrels ranging 6–8 years in age. Casks included used bourbon barrels from our Breaking & Entering label, as well as American and French oak that had previously held sweet Port and dessert wine. Driven by a fruit-forward, floral nose and the classic cocoa and roasted nut flavors, St. George Single Malt Whiskey is an elegant expression of single malt.
Old Potrero 11 Year Hotalings Single Malt Whiskey, $119.50
- Old Potrero's Hotaling’s 11 Year Old Whiskey is a single-barrel, pot-distilled 100% malted rye whiskey aged in once-used charred fine-grain American oak barrels. Hotaling’s Whiskey, which varies from other Old Potrero whiskies in the barrel-aging, commemorates the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and fire, celebrates San Francisco’s remarkable rebirth, and the A.P. Hotaling & Co whiskey warehouse on Jackson Street that miraculously survived the disaster.
Elijah Craig 124.2 Proof From the Barrel Bourbon, $56.50
- Made in the same tradition as other award-winning Elijah Craig Bourbons, this bottle is an essential experience for lovers of great-tasting Bourbon. Uncut, straight from the barrel without chill filtering, the nose, taste, and finish created by twelve years of aging are preserved in their simplest form. At full Barrel Proof, you can enjoy Elijah Craig much the same way our Master Distillers do when they sample straight from the barrel in our Kentucky rickhouses.
High West Midwinter Night's Dram Act 5 Scene 7 Rye Whiskey, $84.50
- A limited release of High West Rendezvous Rye finished in French oak port barrels. The rye forms a beautiful base of vanilla, caramel and cinnamon; the port barrels enhance with plums and dried fruits; the French oak provides a spice accent. A Midwinter Night’s Dram tastes like a proper Christmas plum pudding with lovely mulling spices, dried fruits, and crème anglaise.
Check in often on our bottle drawing page to stay up to date on all the latest release news.