Ron Diplomatico is the rum everyone loves!
Established in Venezuela in 1959, the Ron Diplomatico distillery nestles between the heart of the countries sugar cane production and a national park that provides the purest of water. Renowned for the quality of their rum, we loved finding out they are equally focused on creating sustainable jobs, community social and health care programs, and have implemented an ecological treatment process to turn waste water into sugar cane fertilizer.
- Diplomatico Blanco Reserva (soon to be renamed Ron Diplomatico Planas) is a real sleeper hit, at 6 years by far the most aged white rum we stock. Made from a blend of pot and column still rums, it is uniquely suited for sipping neat and stirred cocktails. Fresh and tropical, with slightly fruity and creamy flavors, we love its full body and velvety mouthfeel.
- Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva is copper pot distilled and aged up to 12 years. Deftly managing to marry complex flavor with an over the top rich and indulgent body. Tastes a bit like walnut toffee fudge specked with orange zest, sitting atop melted caramel and drizzled in brown sugar vanilla butter. Not for fans of subtlety.
Try it in the La Florida Rum Daisy (a perfect fit for the blanco!)
- 2 oz Diplomatico Blanco
- 1/2 tsp Yellow Chartreuse
- 1/2 tsp Simple Syrup
- Dash of Angostura Bitters
- Stir in mixing glass with ice, strain into rocks glass over ice
- Garnish with a mint sprig, lemon twist, and cocktail cherry
ps. white rum and yellow chartreuse are divine together